Sunday, June 22, 2008

"Who is with the family of 11?"


Friday night and all day Saturday, I attended "The Woman Of Faith's Infinite Grace 2008" conference in E. Rutherford, New Jersey. We signed up to vollunteer at the World Vision booths. I didn't realize till I got to my Godmother's house, that not only will it be my mom, sister, godmother, 3 cusins, and our friend fanny. Also we would be joined by 2 more cusins and their mother. We had informed the World Vision staff that we would like to remain together if at all possible.
When we got there and signed in, we had to undergo a quick training. When they were breaking us off into teams they said, "Ok who is with the family of 11?" 11 hands shot up and the woman smiled and asked if we were Italian. Proudly I stated that we were Greek.

The conference was amazing. It was the first time in my life I saw Natile Grant and Nicole C. Mullens live on stage. I was saddened to learn that Barbra Johnson had died last year. She was one of my favorite speakers when I was younger. But the highlight of the day was when my mother had the chance to meet Marlyn Meberg. She was like a teenager meeting her favorite star. I was blessed to recieve one of her warm hugs. Right before she hugged me she held my face in her hands and looked me strait in the eyes with a grandmother-like look, that spoke of her warmth and kindness.

No comments: